Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wonderful Fireflies

Destination: Kuala Selangor, Selangor, Malaysia


It has been so long that I haven't update anything about my travels.
During last labour day, 1 May 2009, my family and I went to see the beautiful of fireflies at Kelip-kelip Kampung Kuantan in Kuala Selangor, Selangor, Malaysia.


The fireflies are not flies, they are actually tiny beetles which are about 6mm. If the weather is good you'll be lucky to see them glowing at night. During our trip, we could see them glowing along the river and they looked like the flashing Christmas tree! Sorry that I don't have any picture of these amazing fireflies, as flash is not allow to be used as it will scare them away.
My tips here, if you are planning to go there during any public holiday, you'd better buy your ticket earlier as it is usually going to be a very long line. Some more once you managed to buy your ticket, then you will need to line up to get into the boat. I don't know if nowadays they change the way they manage it. It is also good if you go there in a group of four people so that you could be in the same boat. The price, well I can't remember but I guess it is around RM10.00 per person.



Line up to buy ticket and to ride the boat.


post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...